If you are under 30, available for full-time work this summer, and want to gain valuable experience in the arts, then read on:
Theatre Wakefield is looking for a Digital Coordinator/Arts Administrator! If you're interested in creating online content, editing video, photoshopping images, and trying creative new marketing and social media strategies, this job is for you. You'll be working with Theatre Wakefield and the 100 Mile Arts Network to build community awareness, get people involved, and help coordinate original programming for all ages.
● Creating content for our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram)
● Working with experts to implement creative marketing and social media strategies
● Producing multimedia content (images, video, signage, blogs, newsletters)
● Coordinating some exciting artistic projects with TW and the 100 Mile Arts Network
● Working with community groups to get people involved with both organizations
● Managing Theatre Wakefield's large digital archive and mining it for content
The ideal candidate has:
● Experience posting regularly to social media on several different platforms
● Proficiency with Google Workspace
● Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Knowledge of current digital trends and conventions
● Creative ideas for capturing people's attention
● An outgoing and self-motivated approach
● Adaptability and a willingness to try new things
● A driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
Bonus points if you have:
● Experience with media creation software (such as Adobe Creative Suite)
● General knowledge of social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout, etc)
● An eye for design and photography
● Experience with web platforms like Wix and Wordpress
● Experience with MailChimp
● Volunteer or working experience with local cultural groups
● 35 hours a week of paid experience in social media and the arts
● Mentorship from social media and arts professionals
● To build relationships with local artists and cultural groups
This is primarily a work-from-home position, although some activities may require day travel within the region. The position has a tentative start date of June 21st and will last for eight weeks.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and a paragraph on why you want the job to email@example.com!
Theatre Wakefield promotes an environment of equity, inclusion and diversity. Applicants from under-represented groups (women, indigenous peoples, visible minorities, LGBTQ2+, persons with disabilities and more)
are encouraged to apply and self-identify in their application.
This position is offered in partnership with the Canada Summer Jobs program of Employment and Social Development Canada.